Wed Jan 25 2023
Songs From A Room
i appreciate how some songs kind of just feel like sitting alone, strumming and letting the music come to him, venting out his experiences in an artistic way that lets you sit and reflect. It's exposing raw and vulnerable aspects of life.
Other songs are a lot more captivating instrumentally, though still in a simple way, a steady rhythm with other instruments creating the variation and interest. The singing is gentle and constant enough that it's easy to let it fade to the background, an album that can keep you company. But when you take the time to listen there's a deeper story to follow.
I'm glad this was the first album i got, leonard cohen is one of those artists that people who inspire me boast about, but i haven't gotten to his music until now
Thu Jan 26 2023
Crooked Rain Crooked Rain
1( i like the dirty, garage punk sound.
2. the dums are loder than the vocals. I can imagine this would be a fun mosh pit to be in. i like the fakeout end that leads into more instrumental
3) slow one. i like it. its real mood. makes you remember rock comes with feeling, realness. Ooh more instrumental post lyrics. It's almost like they save the best of the music for last where it can get it's own spotlight
4) this songs a lot more fun, more of a vocal focus, gives me kind of a grungy pop punk vibe
6)hell yea, loud, fun, vibey
7) i like it
8) absolute grooves full instumental
9) vibes 9/10
11)a lot more grungy, not that great compared to the rest. like my drugs should have hit in to enjoy this one. kind of just dissolved into noise
12) Starts to get good about half way in
Fri Jan 27 2023
For one album with one main hit i was surpirsed how much i enjoyed basically all the songs from this album. it's got a lot to enjoy
1) Strong start. Vibey, captivating lyrically and audio wise.
2) head nodder, a song you can feel in your body, vibey amping up
4) funky def a bop
5) There she goes. a classic. its not suprising that its a one hit wonder song. its just interesting that it is considering that its half way into the album and the songs before definitely were good. This song is basically repetitive vibes which i guess fits the people can learn it quickly and obsess over it pipeline.
6) slack jaw groovey 6/10
7) i like it. relateable. almost that surfer rock guitar?
8) a little bit harder and rougher vocally, in a good way, more of a rock and roll influence
9) more rock. def a top
10) ooh i love the vibe switch up. darker, slower pace. love death vibes
11) might be my favorite. full on rockabilly. picking up the pace.
12) its interesting how many of these albums end with an extra long song. this is a good one